Saturday 18 February 2012

The First Book



Alright, I am starting this book club thingy! I have decided to start reading a classic, so I chose Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.

Now I have not read this, and am not sure how I will respond to it, but lets give it a go! Now technically the start date with be tomorrow the 19th of February. So we will need to have it done and discussed by the 19th of March which I totally think is doable! I also want to rent the recent BBC version of Northanger Abbey to watch when I finish the book. =)



So now I am off to the used book store to find a copy of the novel!

Let the reading begin!

(And for those [ahem... Liz] who can't read with us this month, that is okay. Start up when you can!)

And if you no of anyone who would like to jump into this, then by all means invite them.

6 comments:

  1. Good choice! I haven't read this yet, and wanted to one day. I look forward to discussing it with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I will have friends to discuss books with. I love reading, but I never really have anyone to talk to about them! I think it will be great!

      Delete
  2. I just got this book I will start it tongiht!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for reading! I hope I enjoy reading classics, sometimes I have to be in the right mood to enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. YES! I just bought a new hardcover of this. And I LOVE the BBC version. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the BBC version is good! I won't let myself watch it until I finish the book. Which I am starting tomorrow! =)

      Delete